Wednesday, August 26, 2015

joanna. | Collins HS 2016 SENIOR. | {KELLYGOREEPHOTOGRAPHY} HIGH SCHOOL SENIOR PHOTOGRAPHER. SHELBYVILLE KENTUCKY.

Meet Joanna, the petite, feisty, kick-boxing, lacrosse-playing, horse-back riding girly-girl and now new Collins High School 2016 SENIOR!! 

I have known Miss Joanna (and her awesome family) since she was about 8 years old. (How I hate typing that!) I remember the most adorable little girl with big hair bows and big smiles to match. I am trying to wrap my head around the fact that this beautiful young lady is now a SENIOR, but it's difficult!

Joanna & her mom both had wonderful ideas of what they wanted to do with her senior session and one of them was to have her photos taken at the family farm. It is the most gorgeous Civil War period home and the property around it was equally breathtaking. I could have spent hours and hours there. But I promise, Joanna was the prettiest thing there by far!

And just what does one do when one sees a tire swing just hanging there waiting??
EXACTLY this. 
Just look at that joy on her face!

I am a sucker for red geraniums in the summertime so I knew I had to pose Joanna here. I love the tiniest pop of that bright color to set of her white dress.

And the columns! You can't have a Civil War era home and not have these gorgeous columns. They held up the entire wrap-around porch and framed Joanna so beautifully!

Then we headed over to the high school field for some sports shots. Joanna is a fantastic athlete and we had such a fun time doing things uniquely "her" during her session, including working in her signature color - GOLD!
I adore the gold glitter. I've always wanted to do a shot like this and it was perfect for Joanna! Her mom even spray-painted her lacrosse ball gold so we could use it in some shots. 

These shots just perfectly sum up Joanna - girly but oh-so-fierce.


Seriously! I wouldn't want to cross Joanna in a game! Her mom tells me it's like she's two different people - once she steps on that field she's ALL competitor. I believe it!


Thank you so much, Joanna, for choosing me to be your senior photographer. I'm so honored to have even a small part in what I know is going to be a spectacular senior year! 

No comments:

Post a Comment